The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is geared toward socialization, proper puppy care, and basic obedience commands.
Graduates of this 6 week program will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
– Comfortably wearing a collar or harness
– Owner can hug or hold puppy
– Puppy allows owner to take treat or toy away
– Allows petting by a person other than the owner
– Grooming: Accepts handling and exam of (ears, feet, tail)
– Walks on leash with owner for 15 Feet
– Easily walks by strangers
– “Sits” on command
– Performs a “Down” on command
– “Comes” to owner
– Stays on leash with another person
AKC Puppy Training in Westchester NY and Putnam NY – American Kennel Club
If you want to start your puppy off-right, contact me today, so we can discuss housebreaking, puppy biting, obedience commands, leash walking or the AKC Puppy Training in Westchester NY and Putnam NY.
I also offer in-home training and testing for: AKC Canine Good Citizen, AKC Community Canine, and AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about your puppy or adult dog.